For starters, we’d like to say thank you for the amazing reception our free eBook Web design and Mobile Trends for 2013 has had since its launch last week, and especially to all those who made it possible by sharing their insightful opinions.
Today we’re doing a review of the end conclusions, where we will identify and analyze 10 of the key trends. This is just a brief overview of the conclusions you can read in the book. In fact, we have now released an updated version of the eBook in PDF format, which includes a few corrections and a new layout for an easier and more enjoyable reading experience.
What will be those key trends?
- 1. CONTENT FIRST
- 2. SIMPLICITY OF DESIGN INTERACTION AND CONTENT
- 3. UX CENTERED DESIGN
- 4. APP STYLE INTERFACES
- 5. THE UNIFICATION OF DESKTOP AND MOBILE INTO A SINGLE VERSION
- 6. SVG AND RESPONSIVE TECHNIQUES
- 7. FLAT COLORS AND NO MORE SKEUOMORPHISM
- 8. TECHNOLOGY AGNOSTIC
- 9. EXPERIMENTATION AND INNOVATION IN DEVICE SENSORS AND INTERACTION
- 10. THE INTERNET OF THINGS
It’s no easy task putting together a short summary of all the interviews, but as far as we’re concerned, there are a few memorable statements in the book which nicely encapsulate the conclusions we’ve come to: